Churchill Gowns Limited (Churchill Gowns) is committed to protecting your privacy. We aim to uphold data protection standards and are dedicated to using best practice where possible. We use the information that you imputed within the purchasing process, to complete orders and to provide a bespoke service to you.
At Churchill Gowns, we understand that you would not want the personal information you provided to us to be distributed indiscriminately. As a result we have explained how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
1. What information does Churchill Gowns collect and how is it used?
- When visiting our site, cookies may be placed on your browser for targeted advertising purposes, which also help us provide discounts specifically to selected customers.
- When an order is placed we need to know your name, email address, delivery address, debit/credit card number and expiry date. This in turn allows us to effectively fulfill your order and to notify you of your orders status.
- When an order is submitted to our web Site, we will ask you questions about the types of products and services you would like to buy. It is necessary to keep a record of your answers in order to help us get the right products to the right customer.
- If you ticked the box indicating that you would like to receive information notifying you (by email or post) about products, services and special offers (by us or our business partners) then your contact information may be shared with partners we think could be of interest to you. If you do not wish to share this please do not tick the box. If you did but then change your mind and would rather not receive this information please send us an email.
2. We also collect
- Website activity: Data about your browsing activity on our website
- Device and browser information: Technical information about the device or browser you use to access our website. For example, your device's IP address, and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device's unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
- Account Information: If you open a account, we will collect your username and a password and other information to necessary to open and access your accoun
- Customer Service Information: Information you may provide to customer service including survey responses
- Financial Information: Credit card number or other payment account information. This information is collected directly by our payments processor and not stored by Churchill Gowns
- Third party information: We may collect additional information about you from third party sources where we have the rights to do so.
We use this data to:
- provide our services and customer support
- collect fees and troubleshoot problems
- prevent potential fraud and enforce our Terms of Service
- customize, measure, and improve our website and services
- deliver targeted marketing to you
- contact you by email or phone about your account or our services including to market our services to you
Instructions on how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising can be found at www.aboutads.info or the NAI opt-out site at networkadvertising.org/choices, or for those in Europe, the EDAA opt out site at youronlinechoices.eu.
Anyone taking part in-group photographs at a ceremony does so voluntarily and their participation will be considered consent and therefore cannot be withdrawn after the photograph has been taken. Participants must also be aware that they consent to the fact that the photographs;
(a) Can be exhibited and made generally available for sale on the Churchill Gowns web site (and any websites in partnership to that);
(b) May be displayed and made generally available for sale in all Churchill gowns publications; for example, in a catalogue;
(c) May be used for promotional purposes; for example, on our website.
3. How do we at Churchill Gowns protect our customer information?
To avoid unauthorized access to data we comply with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. That means we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of the information, which you have given to us. Our security measures mean that we may request proof of identity before we are able to disclose personal data to you following a request from you to do so.
4. What is the policy of Churchill Gowns in relation to disclosing information to third parties?
If you have indicated on the Web Site that you would like us to, we may pass your personal information to cautiously selected and trustworthy third parties. As stated they may notify you by email about products, services and special offers that we think you would be relevant to you. If you change your mind and would rather not receive this information please send us an email.
5. Your Consent